Purchase Web host server space
- Visit a Web hosting company such as Namecheap, Hostgator, 1&1, GoDaddy, etc. Many of these also serve as Domain Name Registrars.
- Choose a web package plan that fits your needs.
- Purchase space on the web host’s server to store your web files.
- You have a choice to purchase both your name and space servers from one company or from two different companies.
- From Hostgator: “Since domain name registration is considered a separate service than web hosting, it is not required to register or transfer your domain to HostGator or LaunchPad to use our hosting services.”
- The easiest set up is to purchase both the domain and host server space from one company. Some purchase from two different companies in the unlikely event that if one company faults, regaining your functional web site is quicker.
- If you choose different a domain registrar and host server, then you must point your domain to your host server.